I want to invite all my followers, readers and fellow bloggers to participate in this fun writing experience! I’m so excited to be the judge for this week’s contest. Five Minute Fiction Contest is held each week with the guest judge (that’s me) picking the five entries she enjoys most. Here’s the info and link on Five Minute Fiction:
Welcome to 5 Minute Fiction!
This adrenaline-fueled, instant-gratification writing contest pits your writing skills against the clock. The challenge: Check out the prompt (which will appear on this site on every Tuesday at 7:30 pm CST and spend five minutes writing the most brilliant thing ever. You have an additional ten minutes to accommodate the vagaries of relative time, technology, and the fickle internets.
NOTE: This is not the page where the contest prompt appears, nor where you submit your entry. Look on the main page – http://bit.ly/14rxLL6. A new entry will appear at 7:30pm CST. Post your entry in the comment box. If you don’t see a comment box available, click on the comment link directly underneath the post title.
- Your entry must contain the prompt.
- You can write anything: any style, any genre, poetry or prose.
- Post your entry in the comments of this post no later than 7:45 pm CST.
What happens then?
The weekly judge will sweat over all the entries and choose his or her five favorites, which will be announced around 9pm CST. Then it’s up to you: vote in the finalists’ poll. The winner, announced at 8:00 pm CST on Wednesday (the next day), takes all! In this case, all means intense pride and the adulation of all the participants.
A Few Notes:
- In the interest of time and formatting, it’s best to type straight into the comment box or notepad. It’s also smart to do a quick highlight and copy before you hit “post” just in case the internets decide to eat your entry. If your entry doesn’t appear right away, email me.
- I reserve the right to remove hate speech or similar but I’m not too picky about the other stuff.
- This is all for fun and self-promotion. So be sure to put your twitter handle at the end of your post and a link to your blog if you have one.
So what do you think? Come on, I know you want to give it a try. I’d love to see you there. Don’t hesitate to drop back by and see who the winner is. Thanks for your support and as always, drop by anytime!